Wednesday, May 9, 2012

food and cinema blogging: milk tea over avengers


My craving for milk tea (for almost) all the time was manifested during the time I watched the movie The Avengers. One was at Eastwood cinema on last-full-show with Caprice' wintermelon milk tea as company. Although, the taste is good, I couldn't say that this is the best wintermelon drink. Well the service speaks for itself too. It took us minutes to get our orders, we worry about not catching the movie on time. On the contrary, what I like with their teas is that the sweetness is just right. I guess there are other milk tea stores that just offer much better wintermelon drinks. But then again, it was not there best-seller anyway. The store has a variety of teas to choose from. And next time, I would want to try the Mongolian black tea. That looks uniquely good.

And because i'm such a loser, it was my first time to try Serenitea too. And again, with Avengers. So I tried the Irish Cream Milk Tea (I forgot how they call it, but it was milk tea with Irish Cream, so there). It's not as delish as a wintermelon tea but I love how the coffee taste compliments the milk tea. The pearls are overwhelmingly small, I almost choked out on a few sips. But it was not bad. I liked it actually. The annoying thing that bugged my milk tea-movie moment was this group of friends I can label as 'papansin'. I wouldn't discuss it here though. So there, two milk teas for one movie.

No comments: