Tuesday, June 7, 2011

tonight is a silent night

The house is pretty big for three. It's a silent one now: table's empty; television responsible for the noise;no footsteps; no one calling here and there. Quiet. No, silent. The scenario was: my mom tries to rest from headache while I eat dinner by myself, and watch TV programs by myself until my sister comes home. Then my sister and I would decide which room we'll sleep at for the night. It's just empty. Eating 3/4 cup of rice would take up an hour and I can't even finish. It's just like eating because you need to. I had to eat my meals alone the whole day. And it's not just about eating or having loner meals. I guess I just realized school is really over for me. I now have to face a chapter different from what I was used to. Like summer ends and a new season begins. And you're there, right at the start. I was talking to my sister and she said she gets me (note: gets and not understands). What's good with that is, I am not weird. I'm just there. At the starting point.

1 comment:

bernice said...

wow, i really like this; somehow i keep imagining scenes from a movie or a book while reading this.